Sir Elton John says he was bullied as an adult

Sir Elton John has opened up about the bullying that happened after the shooting to fame, said he was tormented by the three "very important people" in his professional life.

British singer refused to name those involved, but he claims to have suffered abuse at the hands of cruel unscrupulous characters who take advantage of the superstar's shame.

He told E! News, "This is about control and they are able to make me under their thumb. And I was the perfect candidate for it. Even though I was famous and a big problem, no problem, it's who you are beneath it, and I always like the shy and intimidated ....

"One is violent and the other two mental violence. They are a very important person in my life. They are important people in my career and in my personal life."

John kept his suffering is hidden for a long time, but he goes on to urge anyone in a similar situation to talk, because bullying does not just happen on school grounds - it also affects adults.

He added, "Speak out, speak. Snitch on them. Try to defend yourself, do not like me, who hid it and think it's OK to just go on like that."