Cissy Houston on Daughter's Death: Nothing I Could Do

For the first time since the death of his daughter, Cissy Houston has spoken.

In an interview that will air on Monday My9 News New Jersey 10:00, Cissy Houston said he still has a "moment" mourning for Whitney died in February.

"I'm not there yet I do not think I was more courageous than anyone else .. I really truly believe in God, if I could bring it back to him I would, but it is not possible."

News broke yesterday that the cocaine was found in hotel rooms Whitney, after confirmation that the singer had died of coronary with that drug in his body.

Artist of substance abuse problems have been well documented, of course, but Cissy said he could not hold himself responsible for the problem, not after years of trying to intervene.

"I know I did the best I can," he said. "I do not blame myself I know I'm doing the best I can for everything .."

While avoiding public statements until now, Cissy is reported to have been critical of the former son-in-law, Bobby Brown, and have been looking over his granddaughter, Bobbi Kristina. He is now the most direct link Cissy be Whitney.

"I am very proud of my daughter," he said in an interview. "He finished the whole lot in a short time he was here ... he is incredible."